• Trailcon is one of Canada’s largest and most successful trailer rental companies, in addition to being huge in leasing and maintenance services across the country. Trailcon has a major operation in Surrey, British Columbia where it provides a full suite of trailer rental options. Trailcon also has major operations in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta and facilities in Ontario with a large facility in Brampton outside of Toronto.
• Trailcon can provide haulers with all major trailer types – dry van and reefer, plus standardized customization. They have invested in state-of-the-art technology to help provide the best services to their clients and they have extremely high levels of client satisfaction.
• When a hauler rents from Trailcon, they get the benefit of Trailcon’s national presence and its scale. This means that clients can often get best-in-class equipment at highly competitive rates.
• Ocean Trailers has operations in four locations in British Colombia: Delta, Nanaimo, Prince Rupert and Prince George, in addition to locations outside of British Colombia. They rent various types of rental trailers, including: dry freight vans, flatdecks/stepdecks, refridgerated vans, Super 8 FlatDecks and Chassis, and specialized equipment. They bill themselves as the western Canadian trailer specialists, formed in 1981.
• They have service departments in four locations to buy or lease or rent a trailer. They offer in-house finance.
The rental department has over 10,000 rental trailers. Manufactures that Ocean uses include Tian, Renn, Utility, Felling Trailers, CIMC and Nue Start Manufacturing.
Trailer Wizards has an operation in Delta, British Colombia (as well as locations outside of BC, notably Ontario). Facts from the Trailer Wizard website:
• 20 conveniently located customer care centres and pick-up locations across Canada.
• Inventory of over 25,000 trailers is the largest in Canada,
• They offer quality, safe, reliable, well-maintained trailers that allow you to serve your customers and stay flexible.
• Offer: Operating Lease with flexible terms, Preventive Service and 24/7/365 Emergency Road Service; Capital Lease: Invest in your equipment while staying flexible; Net Net Lease: You manage the service work - return conditions apply.
Company has five locations in British Colombia. It rents trucks and trailers and it provides leasing, rentals, finance, parts and service. IdealLease is the brand name on the side of the equipment. For leasing and rentals IRL provides:
• Short term and long term rentals
• Full service leases
• Ownership transition
Some of the products they lease and rent are:
• Dry Van Tandem: 53 ft Van Body, 102" wide interiors, Anti Dock Walk Feature, Barn Doors, Air Ride Suspension, Translucent / Metal Roof
• Dry Van Tridems: 53 ft Van Body, 102" wide interiors, Anti Dock Walk Feature, Barn Doors, Air Ride Suspension, Translucent / Metal Roof
• Dry Van with a Railgate Tandem: 35 ft or 48 ft Van Body, 102" wide interior & 9 ft high interiors, Roll Up Door, Railgate Capacity - 5,500 lbs, Air Ride Suspension, Translucent Roof
Other equipment available, included refrigerated dry van tandem, step deck with ramps tridem, step deck tridem and flat deck tridem.
BSRN is based in Richmond BC. It carries specialty trailers, not standard 53’ dry vans or reefers. They carry trailers for, for example, for:
• Equipment / Furniture
• Construction Materials
• Movie Industry
• Vehicles / Sports Equipment
Container West is based in Richmond, British Colombia. The company has been around since the 1970’s. They offer the following:
Renting a Container: yards have 20′ and 40′ basic containers for rent. For other products, please contact an sales representatives to confirm the availability at the local yard.
Delivery: Pick up the container from an yard, or an experienced logistics team can help you sort everything out from pick-up to delivery.
Rates: Call for quote request below for rates. Rentals are flexible, and an staff can also arrange long term discounts, large order discounts, and buyout options.
To rent a trailer, you need to provide:
• Where you are calling from (the location)
• The size of the container you are looking for
• The billing address and contact information
• The delivery
• How long you plan to rent the container for
• The credit card information
• Any information you can provide about the delivery site (see Delivery and Logistics in an Container buying guide section 10)
• Preferred delivery date
The Sales Rep will use the above information to complete a rental contract. The delivery will be arranged as soon as a signed rental contract is received and payment processed.
The following aspects of renting are important to note:
• Delivery costs to and from the site are in addition to the rental rate.
• Only some rental units are available for sale. Let us know upfront that you would like the option to buy out the rental, and we will select an appropriate unit for you.
• Minimum rental charge may apply.
• When you no longer need the container, let us know and we will arrange for pickup.
• To ensure consistent quality for an customers, rentals are inspected. Please take care of the rental unit to ensure no additional repair charges are incurred.
• Container West has the largest sale & rental inventory of new and used shipping containers in Western Canada, with 13 yards throughout BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
• They offer a wide range of secure storage, modular building, and enclosure solutions that can be customized to suit the needs. Custom manufacturing services are provided at an plant on Mitchell Island in Vancouver, British Columbia. Container modifications range from installing an extra door to building a container office or constructing complex industrial enclosures. Engineering services are available.
• Basic Containers: Single Door Shipping Containers, Mini Containers, Double Door Shipping Containers, Refrigerated Containers, Container with Three Side Doors Open Side Containers, Offshore DNV Containers, Unique Sizes, Options & Accessories, Pre-Modified Containers, Custom Manufacturing and Large Orders
• Adding Basic Modifications & Accessories Basic modifications and container accessories are a quick and easy way to customize the container to suit the needs. Additions such as a roll-up door, window or insulation can dramatically increase the utility of the container. Basic modifications & accessories are simply added on to the container purchase. Some popular basic modification options include: Man doors, Roll-up doors, Windows and skylights, Spray foam insulation, Louvers / vents, Custom paint, Electrical packages with heat and/or lights, Full Insulation packages. Some popular container accessories include: Lock-boxes, Container ramps, Shelving brackets and Twist locks.
• Trailers are also sold and can be converted into office space, guest rooms, etc.
Insta-Space Storage rents steel shipping containers, in Vancouver and throughout BC, for portable secure storage and refrigerated storage containers that offer reliable temperature-controlled storage for fresh or frozen goods. Global Container Corp handles sales of corrugated steel containers and refrigerated storage containers, as well as container modifications and customization projects.
Storage containers have a wide variety of applications and our customers range from contractors and homeowners, to special events coordinators and retail stores who prefer our clean, attractive and well-maintained storage solutions.